How are book covers born? Matteo spent hours trying to paint the way he sees as an astigmatic 😂
🐐🐐🐐 What we did this week
- Andrea has almost finished reviewing Fabula's video course (it's almost 4 hours long and divided into 15-20 minute lessons). It’ll be available next week or the one after that 🎉
- We’re done with Mario1’s layout and found a translator who has already started working on the English version. We thought: if we want to do it, let's go all the way 😉
- Andrea defined Sefirot editorial standards for dialogues.
- Matteo's teacher said she’d like to be a reader for the manuscripts we’ll receive and she will give writers truthful reviews. It would be like sailing through the Pillars of Hercules 😂
🦊🦊🦊 What we would like to do
- Andrea dreams of an office. He is working from home and can’t think of anything else.
- We’d like to get back on the idea of a Life Game of the Goose (a game in which you roll the dice and grow with each throw), and on an Intuiti 2.0 (Matteo would like to enhance the secondaries). In short, we often give in to the temptation to dedicate our time and selves to the simplest and most repetitive operations, and instead we would like to immerse in more intense and "uncomfortable" ones, which end up really nourishing us.
🐈🐈🐈 What we learned this week
Matteo's cat, Sole, has been sleeping in the "painting room" in the last few days. At first Matteo thought it was because it is the most isolated and quiet room in the house. Then he remembered the painting he had started and left unfinished on the table. Every now and then he thought: "I should finish it", but he couldn't find the will...
🌈 Creative takeaway: let's trust the signals.
Matteo has finished the painting (he is very happy: it will be the cover of Mario3) and Sole has gone back to sleeping on the bed.
And you? What signs do you not want to see?
Matteo and Andrea
*** Sefirot’s Creative Bulletin ***
In this bulletin we tell you how we run an independent publishing company.
🕰 If you want to read past Bulletins, you can find them here https://blog.sefirot.it/tag/creative-bulletin
🚀 If you want to share it with friends, please do!
🐝 If someone shared it with you and you’d like to subscribe, follow this link
🔮 Did you know that we also have a Telegram group where you can connect with other creatives?